Chester News | 新闻

KPKT Spends RM22 million To Resolve Strata Housing Issues Year To Date

Of the RM69 million allocated to address issues faced by strata housing occupants, a total of RM22 million has been spent by the Ministry of Housing and Local Government (KPKT) this year.

KPKT Deputy Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Abd Muttalib told the Parliament that 19,911 complaints of strata housing issues were received by 67 Commissioner of Buildings (CoB) nationwide, except for Sarawak and Sabah, in 2020.

“Among the categories of complaints we received were maintenance and damage of buildings, meetings and choosing of management bodies, building administration and management, as well as monetary issues,” he said as quoted by Malay Mail.

 

The Maran MP noted that 19,719 or 99.04% of the total complaints lodged were solved by CoBs, while the other 192 or 0.96% are “in various stages of being solved”.

 

He added that Selangor registered the highest number of complaints with 9,185 cases, followed by the Federal Territories with 5,362 cases.

 

Also on the top five list are Johor (2,215 cases), Penang (2,149 cases) and Negri Sembilan (274 cases).

 

He made the statement in response to Bukit Bintang MP Fong Kui Lun’s question on the status of complaints made by strata housing occupants as well as to Tebrau MP Steven Choong Shiau Yoon query on where the money spent on such issues was going.

980513.jpg